The Coventry Telegraph is a local English tabloid newspaper.
It was founded as The Midland Daily Telegraph in 1891 by William Isaac Iliffe, and was Coventry's first daily newspaper.
From 2 October 2006, the publication changed from an evening paper to a morning paper.
From 1946 until the end of April 2004, a separate sports publication, The Pink, was printed every Saturday evening. In 2016, Coventry Telegraph launched a new weekly podcast, centred around goings on at Coventry City F. The headquarters for a significant period of the paper's history was at 157 Corporation Street, Coventry, CV1 1FP. In the 1970s, the Evening Telegraph had a regular consumer page called Watchdog, which was edited by Ken Burgess.
The decision by the proprietors was a consequence of the changing patterns of work at the paper (and the industry in general).
With the number of staff reduced and no longer needing the space for the discontinued printing presses, it was decided that a smaller, more modern headquarters was now necessary.
The switch to a morning paper saw a change in emphasis with the printed edition concentrating on exclusive and community news, leaving breaking news to its website.
In the summer of 2012, the paper moved its headquarters to Thomas Yeoman House at Coventry Canal Basin, in Leicester Row.